Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rescue Me - Vintage Western Shirts

Welcome to the first installment of Rescue Me, a page for vintage items that need to be repaired and or upcycled.  

My repair/ project to do list has grown so big that I don't even know which thing to start on. So, I thought I would put them up here and for sale in my etsy shop at very inexpensive prices. 



Vintage Western #1

This vintage western shirt is incredible. The embroidery is beautiful, the colors are vibrant and you can't tell in this pic, but there are skinny lines of metallic gold going through the plaid. There are some problems with it, though.





There is a hole in the armpit that needs to be repaired.


and the seam is coming undone on one of the sleeves.

This project has been on my back burner for a long time. I'm not the greatest seamstress, so I am a little bit afraid to attempt it. I'm afraid I might make it worse. I would hire a professional, but I don't have the extra money for that right now.

Rather than just donating it to goodwill, I thought I would offer it to like-minded folks on etsy. There are so many creative and talented people in the etsy community. And there is definitely no shortage of vintage lovers there as well. I don't want to sell it to just anyone. I want this to go to someone who is going to love it and repair it. 

If this shirt was in great condition, I would probably price it at the mid $20/ low $30 range. Since it does need to be repaired, I am offering it up for 8 bucks shipped. 





Vintage Western #2

Here is another great western in need of repairs.


There are some rust colored stains on parts of the shirt. Not sure what it is, but the nice thing about it, is it blends in with the other colors making them hardly noticeable. 



The worst damage to this shirt is a small burn on the front right chest.

I've seen these types of burns repaired elsewhere, but I have no idea how to do it. I thought about putting two small matching embroidered patches on either side, but I never found the right patch. 

I'm offering this one for $7 shipped.








No comments:

Post a Comment