Sunday, February 10, 2013

BEFORE & AFTER DESK

I recently came into the possession of two very large, wooden desks. My husband's boss was updating their office and decided to give these to us for free. It was perfect timing too, because my old desk was broken and was too small for my needs. The desks are great. They are built with quality construction and made of solid wood. The only problem was, they were kind of ugly. So, I decided all they needed was a little paint.

Originally, I wanted to paint every inch of these bad boys, but my husband said he liked the look of the wood. I think it's a man thing...most guys I know prefer the look of real wood over painted wood. So, I thought of a compromise, so I could still paint these and make them look a lot better, but keeping a little bit of it natural to please my man.

I'm not going to bore you with the how-to of this project. All I did was tape and paint.




These are the before and during shots above.



 And after.
This one is my husband's desk. Mine was already too messy to show.

And there you have it. 
A before and after project that cost ZERO dollars and proves that a little bit of paint can go a long way.


No comments:

Post a Comment